Looks like it might be a bit of a cold, damp and windy weekend, so why not stay in and make some yummy cakes with the kids …. two words …. chocolate & pudding …. anyone not hooked yet ? These are soooooo delicious either as a pudding or as a welcome return home if you’d had to go out to brave the weather.
You’ll need: 150g plain chocolate, 2 eggs, 2 more egg yolks, 100g unsalted butter, 5 tablespoon caster sugar.
– Best served in ramekins (about 15oml sized) – so first job is to rub the inside with some butter to stock the cake mixture sticking.
– Melt the chocolate along with the butter (please always ensure the children have adult help here – but we’ve always done this in a bowl set on top of a pan of water on the hob – bring the water to the boil, turn off the heat & pop the bowl on).
– While you are waiting for this to melt, pop the 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk / beat until light and foamy.
– When melted, pour the chocolate mixture onto the egg mixture and whisk until completely blended.
– Spoon the mixture into the ramekins, pop them onto a baking tray into a preheated oven (220C) for about 10 mins (until slightly puffed & just soft in the middle).
– Serve immediately with a scoop of ice-cream.